Player Code Of Conduct:
- Play by the Rules of the Game and in the spirit of the game. If you don’t know the rules, learn the rules.
- Abide by the rules and bylaws of the governing bodies, including KWSL, BCSA and CSA.
- Be serious, disciplined, committed and dedicated.
- Respect the officials and to accept their decision without criticism or sarcasm.
- Play fair, practice good sportsmanship and treat your opponent with respect – without them there would be no game!
- Encourage your team-mates and help them to succeed.
- Treat your coach with respect and to work with the coach for the betterment of the “team”.
- Accept decisions of your coach as part of the game, practices and skill improvement.
- Speak respectfully, openly and honestly in private to your coach if you have a problem.
- Show restraint, control temper, not use foul or abusive language, or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs during practices and games.
- Celebrate when you win and congratulate the other team when you lose.
- Wear the team colors and full uniform for games.
Coach/Team Official Code Of Conduct:
- Respect and adhere to the Bylaws of the KWSL as well as the Rules and Regulations of the BC Soccer Association
- Encourage my players to play by the rules, and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility
- Encourage good sportsmanship amongst my players and refrain from any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, referee, coach, player or spectator
- Respect the Referee and his/her authority during games and do not criticize, contradict or interfere with Referees or other Coaches at the game field
- Do not yell at or ridicule the players
- If any player on my team receives a “red card”, it is my responsibility to immediately advise the player that she is suspended from participating in the team’s next game and I will be responsible for assuring that they do not, in fact, participate in that next game
- Know that the team is responsible for the conduct of their spectators/fans and will encourage respectful behaviour from the spectators/fans
Spectator Code Of Conduct:
- Respect the authority of referees and coaches; never criticizing, contradicting or interfering with referees or coaches at the field. If required, obey a request by a referee or from the teams coach to leave the vicinity of the field.
- Demonstrate and encourage good sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by expressing positive support for all players, coaches and officials.
- Do not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, parent or player, such as booing, taunting or using profane language or gestures.
- If required, obey a request by a referee or from the teams coach to leave the vicinity of the field.